SOUTH AFRICAN ROAD SAFETY STATS
Modified on: Thu, 16 Mar, 2017 at 2:54 PM
- An average of 47 people die on our roads every day
- For every person that dies, 85 are admitted for treatment at a medical facility
- You are at risk of experiencing an average of 12 car crashes in your lifetime
- You have a 1 out of 98 chance to be in a car crash this year
- South Africa is one of the world’s most dangerous countries in which to drive
- UN General Assembly proclaimed the period 2011–2020 as the Decade of Action for Road Safety
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.