- An average of 47 people die on our roads every day.
- For every person that dies, 85 are admitted for treatment at a medical facility.
- You have a 1 out of 98 chance to be in a car crash in your lifetime.
- South Africa is one of the world’s most dangerous countries in which to drive.
- UN General Assembly proclaimed the period 2011–2020 as the Decade of Action for Road Safety.
Modified on: Tue, 4 Dec, 2018 at 1:45 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.