We recommend that you first open the CrashDetech app and check the dashboard screen for any warning messages. The CrashDetech app will check device settings and make the necessary recommendations in order to improve trip monitoring.
If you're still experiencing trip monitoring issues, please complete the following checks:
Enable Location Services and set to 'Always'
- Setting your device's locations services for "While Using" for CrashDetech will prevent automatic trip monitoring in the background. Make sure your Location Services are set to "Always" for automatic trip monitoring.
- If you periodically see the prompt "CrashDetech has been using your location in the background. Do you want to continue allowing this?" be sure to choose “Continue” for CrashDetech to keep monitoring your trips.
Enable Motion & Fitness
Trip monitoring will not work on devices that does not support Motion & Fitness. On iOS 11 (and later versions), Motion & Fitness has to be enabled in order for trip monitoring to work. Confirm that Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > CrashDetech > is set to “On”.
Enable Cellular Data
- Confirm that Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data is set to “On” and that Settings > Cellular > CrashDetech is set to “On”.
Enable Background Refresh for CrashDetech
Confirm that Settings > General > Background App Refresh > CrashDetech is set to “On”.
- It's recommended to open the CrashDetech app every few days to ensure trip monitoring isn't being shut down unknowingly by a third-party battery/memory optimisation app.
Do not force quit CrashDetech
Force-quitting happens when you manually close the CrashDetech app via one of these methods (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330) or use a battery/memory boosting app that disables background processes. Since CrashDetech monitors trips in the background, force-quitting manually or with another app prevents trip monitoring from functioning properly.
Although CrashDetech is designed to restart automatically, this can be blocked by some older versions of iOS.
- Make sure CrashDetech has been re-opened after being force-quit.
Trip monitoring works best when your device has Wi-Fi enabled. Make sure that Settings > Wi-Fi is set to “On.” (Note that you must have Location Services on as well, even with Wi-Fi enabled.)
Update to the latest version of CrashDetech
You’ll get optimal performance from CrashDetech when running the latest version of the app. If your device is not set up for automatic app updates, you can update manually. Go to the App Store > Updates > CrashDetech > Update.
Update to the latest OS version
Always ensure that you're running the latest version of your device's OS. Go to your device's Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Ensure you're logged in to the CrashDetech
Make sure you’re signed in to the CrashDetech app and using the correct email address.